BE FIERCE or BE FUN
Whether you are an archer for the hunt,
an archer for target, or just plain fun,
we carry a full line of equipment to set you up for success.
Archery is one of the oldest arts still in practice. Bows and arrows date back to the ancient Egyptians who adopted archery for the purpose of hunting and warfare. Today, there are many archers that are passing along their passion of the sport to their children. We love to work with kids to help them get their archery experience off to the right start!
The Many Benefits of Archery
Archery is the art, sport, practice or skill of using a bow to shoot arrows. The word comes from the Latin arcus. Historically, archery has been used for hunting and combat. In modern times, it is mainly a competitive sport and recreational activity. Whether it’s fierce or fun, there are many benefits to becoming an archer:
- Exercise: You have to move and use muscles to shoot a bow. Walking in nature has it’s own benefits.
- Strength: You gain from practice and the muscle memory required to perfect shooting.
- Focus: Learning how to avoid distractions which is most essential in our fast-paced, over stimulated, technological world.
- Coordination: Hand-eye and depth perception and the precision needed when aiming for a target.
- Determination: Archery requires tenacity to perfect. Learning proper techniques requires patience. You cannot quit if you want to get really good. This is important to a successful life.
- Confidence: You have accomplished a task, grown in skill and shared in the fun and success – of yours and others.
- Social: Sharing a common interest with others is inspiring and fun. Becoming part of the archery community is a rewarding experience all in it’s own.
Let us help you be the best archer you can be!
- Boys and Girls ages 6 and up
- Novice Archers both child and adult
- Families (for fun and for the hunt)
- Avid Bow Hunters & Target Shooters
Check out the full list of brands we carry. Have questions? Give us a call! Or come in so we can get you properly fitted. It’s important to have the right gear.